Many of us simply consider Henna plants popularly known as “Lalley” as a cosmetic tree which is used for coloring purposes. But guys, after going through this article you will find yourselves disillusioned and amazed. You will find some highly beneficial tips from Henna itself.
Henna leaves are very effective in the treatment of skin disorders like boils & burns. It can be applied beneficially in rheumatic joints, inflammatory swelling, bruises & leprosy. The Ayurvedic system uses henna leaves to treat vitiligo (pale patches on the skin where pigment is lost). And the seeds are also used to fever. Henna contains natural ingredients which are vital for nourishment of hair. It has a bond with the hair structure as it serves to penetrate, cleanse and thicken the hair shafts thus improving its quality. It also has great dandruff fighting ability. Henna is mainly used as a coloring agent. It is mixed with other natural dyes and is largely used as a hair dye and in textiles.
Powers of Henna Plant
- Applied henna powder to decorate feet and hands for its cooling properties
- Henna powder with water mixed as part of marriage rituals for decorating the bride
- Henna used in medications for its healing properties as a skin healer and cleanser
- It is used to hair as a natural conditioner and colorant and stain the fingers of pharaohs before their mummification
- Applied henna by persons to be in compliance with religion because it makes the individual more conscious of the Earth’s energies.
Henna or lelley can also treat cracked nails. Soak henna leaves in water and leave overnight, then drink this water to treat your cracked nails. Repeat for at least 10 days. You can mix butter with henna powder and use it as poultice to treat sores filled with pus, mange, and scabies.Henna leaves can be used to treat baldness. Boil some leaves of henna in mustard oil and use it to massage your scalp. This will help in healthy hair growth. Take 250 grams (8 ounces) mustard oil in a pan and add 50-60 grams (1-2 ounces) of henna leaves to heating oil gradually. Filter the oil through cheesecloth and store it in a bottle. Use this oil regularly for producing abundant hair.
1. For Mental Disorders:-
- Give 3 gm seeds of Henna with honey to the patient.
- Or, give the decoction of its flowers to the patient.
- After that give chappatis made of wheat flour with sugar and purified form of butter.
- It directly affects your CNS and cures giddiness.
2. For Jaundice:-
- Soak 5 gm henna leaves in an earthen pot over night.
- Next day morning strain the solution and give this to the patient.
- Within 1 week, it cures Jaundice
3. For Dermatoses:-
- Give 1/2 teaspoon of juice of its leaves and flowers.
- Give it twice a day for 7 days.
- It is beneficial in curing dermatoses.
- Boil 100 gm of its bark in 200 ml of water till water is reduced to 1/4th.
- Give this decoction to the patient twice a day.
- Soak its 75 gm of leaves in water overnight.
- Next morning, crush the leaves and strain the solution.
- Give the strained solution to the patient.
- It cures Dermatoses and other incurable diseases.
4. For Pain due to Fever:-
- Boil is 10 gm leaves in 200 gm water.
- Then prepare its hot infusion and give this-to the patient.
- It helps cure the internal burning sensation due to fever, reduces headache and gives strength to the heart and also promotes sleep.
5. For Chicken pox-
- Grind its leaves and apply the paste on the lower side of the foot.
- It reduces the impact of Chicken pox in eyes.
6. For Calculus:-
- Boil 10 gm henna bark in an earthen pot.
- Next day morning, strain the solution and give it to the patient.
- It releases the stone in kidney.
- Soak henna leaves and wood in a glass of water for overnight.
- Next morning, decant the solution.
- Give 2 gm Yavakshar to the patient with this.
- Repeat this treatment for a few days.
- It dissolves the stones which then gets released through urine.
7. For Dysuria:-
- Prepare 50 gm cold infusion of Henna and add 1 gm of kalmishora in it.
- Give this to the patient twice a day.
8. For Bleeding Diarrhoea:-
- Grind its seeds and mix the paste with ghee and prepare berry shaped tablets.
- Give these tablets to the patient twice day with water.
9. For Knee pain:-
- Grind equal quantities of its leaves along with the leaves of castor oil-plant.
- Slightly warm the paste and apply on the knees.
- It gives relief from pain in few uses.
10. For Redness of eyes:-
- Take 10 gm henna and cumin seeds.
- Grind them coarse and soak them in rose water for overnight.
- Next day morning, strain the solution and store it in a glass bottle.
- Mix 1 gm roasted and powdered alum in it.
- Put drops of this solution in eyes when required.
- It cures redness of eyes.
- Prepare poultice of its leaves and then warm it in milk and tie on the eyes.
- It cures paining and burning sensation in eyes.
So, in this way we saw ten benefits of Henna; there are many more like it cures acne, boils, burns, eye disorders, syncope and many more. You must be amazed by these; as how can a colouring plant so useful!
This is only called the magic of nature. Nature has hidden many unexplained benefits in it; just go with it and live in harmony. Take care and live well!
Feel free to add your comments.. Thank you